What is masking tape?
Masking tape, also called painter’s tape, performs various functions during painting work. First of all, it protects furniture, floors, power strips and other items from paint splatters, allowing you to focus on the job at hand. Plus, properly applied masking tape can help you create clear edges on your wall or wallpaper. After you're done painting all you have to do is peel off the tape for painting with care. What you're left with are straight lines, a clean work environment and beautifully painted walls.
How do you apply masking tape?
Our masking tape is easy to use and ensures that no paint leaves the masked area. Thanks to the strong adhesive, the painter’s tape will reliably stay in place, so if you use it correctly, you won't have to worry about paint running or furniture, carpets or sockets getting damaged. Read our step by step instruction on how to use GAUDER masking tape:
- Carefully apply base paint to the walls. Once it dries, you can use a ruler and pencil to mark the areas where you want to use the masking tape.
- Apply the painter's tape wherever you need to create clear edges or protect objects. When doing this, it is important to make sure that you attach the masking tape well to the wall and apply enough pressure, otherwise you may end up with paint running under the tape for painting.
- Paint your walls, then wait until the paint is almost completely dry.
- Pull the masking tape off the almost completely dry wall slowly, evenly and carefully. It is important that you do not wait until the paint is completely dry, otherwise you may have problems removing the painter’s tape.
Where is masking tape used?
Painter’s tape can be used wherever walls are painted. This means that you can use masking tape
- for renovation works in bedrooms, children's rooms, living rooms and other rooms around the house,
- for painting walls in government offices, museums, schools, universities and other public institutions,
- for repair works in offices, workshops or other workplaces,
- in many areas of industry, crafts and house building and
- for art projects, for example, to delineate canvases and other surfaces.
After use, the blue colored painter's masking tape can be removed without leaving any residue. Thus, the masking tape for painting is suitable for both private and commercial use and is ideal for craftsmen for whom careful work and a clean working environment are important.
Advantages of GAUDER masking tape
The advantages of GAUDER painter's tape are as varied as its areas of application — see for yourself:
- Perfect visibility on light-colored walls: Thanks to its blue color, the masking tape stands out perfectly against white, beige and other light-colored surfaces.
- Easy to tear off, yet strong: Since it is made of paper, you can easily tear our painter’s tape to the desired size with your hands. Nevertheless, it holds firmly and securely on walls.
- Residue-free removal: stripes, marks or other irregularities are avoided with GAUDER masking tape, because it can be easily removed from the wall without leaving any residue.
- reliable protection against paint stains: the painter's tape is impermeable when used correctly, preventing paint from spilling on objects.
When should you remove masking tape when painting?
The right moment to remove GAUDER painter's tape has come when the paint is almost completely dry. You should make sure to pull off the masking tape evenly, carefully and, above all, in one go to avoid slipped lines. GAUDER Tape for painting can be removed easily and quickly, so you don't have to worry about stains or similar residues.
What do you need to consider when using masking tape?
Painting and varnishing work is made easier with masking tape, but there is one tip you should be sure to follow: Only apply GAUDER painter’s tape to straight walls, but not to uneven surfaces such as woodchip wallpaper, as there is a risk that the masking tape will not provide sufficient coverage there. In the worst case, the paint runs behind the masking tape during painting, resulting in unsightly paint stains and making it impossible to ensure straight lines.
Order now: GAUDER masking tape for painting
In our online store, you can easily and quickly order masking tape. Due to its blue color, our GAUDER painter's tape stands out perfectly against light-colored walls, so that you always have the straight edges in view. We offer masking tape in various designs, that way, you can be sure that you will always find exactly the right product for your project.
You still have questions or are unsure whether this masking tape is the right one for your purposes? Don't hesitate to contact our expert customer service — we'll be happy to help you with any questions you may have, both before and after your purchase.
Discover the whole GAUDER product range
In our online shop, we offer products that will make your life easier. Let our selection of magnetic products and adhesive tapes convince you — there is certainly the right item for you!
Among other things, you can buy self-adhesive metal tapes, to which you can attach postcards, photos or other papers with the help of magnets. Thanks to the adhesive foam layer, the ferrous tape can be flexibly attached to surfaces of all kinds.
Our wide selection of neodymium magnets includes strong magnets in various sizes, shapes and designs. The noble look given to the magnets by the alloy ensures that they fit into any room and on any magnetic wall.